Boston Divorce Modification Attorneys

Need to Change Your Divorce Agreement?

Families are always changing, whether or not the parents are divorced or separated. As a result, when it comes to matters such as child custody, child support and alimony, the legal issues never really end. They just change.

The Boston modification lawyers at Law Group, P.C. dedicate nearly one-third of their time working with prior clients whose circumstances have changed since the last time they were in court. This also includes new clients who need to correct some of the issues that were not addressed by their previous attorney.

For a no-obligation consultation with one of our modification attorneys, contact us at 800-851-7724 or use our online form to inquire about our aggressive and experienced representation. We are available 24/7 and can meet you anywhere.

Modifications Require a Documented Change in Circumstances

Circumstances that could lead to a modification include moving away from the area, job loss, promotion and salary increase, remarriage, drug abuse or other criminal activity, and identification of additional marital property. Another important reason for modification is changes in the needs of a child as he or she grows and develops.

If you can demonstrate a significant change in circumstances from the last time you were in court, a judge will usually grant a modification to your current order. Our modification lawyers carefully analyze the facts of each case and craft compelling arguments to support your request for modification. We also represent clients whose ex-spouses are seeking changes with which they don't agree. Either way, our attorneys help both men and women in post-divorce actions in each of the Massachusetts Probate and Family Courts.

Types of Modification We Handle

Our attorneys assist clients with all types of modifications, including:

If you believe that changes in any of these areas require a modification of your agreement, call the attorneys at Law Group, P.C. to learn how we can help you accomplish your goals.

Each Court Handles Modifications Differently From Other Courts

When you search for lawyers who can help you change your separation agreement, find one who has experience in Boston or a in court near your home. Since every probate and family court judge understands the phrase "change in circumstances," differently, it's important to have a lawyer who spends a significant amount of time in the court where your case will be heard.

Having a lawyer who has appeared before your particular judge many times before can make a big difference. For example, some judges simply refuse to enter temporary orders on a Complaint for Modification; others will consider it so long as the request is reasonable.

All Changes Must Be in Writing If You and Your Former Spouse Agree to Modify the Agreement on Your Own

You and your former spouse can and should work together when agreeing to changes in the parenting schedule or finances. However, you should know that changes you agree to outside of court are not going to be enforceable in court. This is particularly important if you and your ex do not get along. An example: If you and your ex agree that your ex will return the children on Saturday at 7 pm and not on Sunday as required by your court order, you have no recourse if your ex does not return the children on Saturday -- unless you petition the court to modify the order.

Experienced and Aggressive Modification Attorneys in Suffolk County Probate and Family Court - and Beyond

Our attorneys know the kind of evidence and types of oral arguments and motions than can improve the chances that the court will see things your way. However, that does not mean that we litigate every modification case. But we do prepare each case as if it is going to trial. Our preparation and willingness to go the distance tends to lead to more favorable settlement offers - the other side knows we won't give up.

To Learn More About Modifying Your Agreement, Call Us.

If you're educating yourself on the web, or you're in the process of interviewing attorneys, put us to the real test. Come watch us in court. Talk to our clients. Read our testimonials. You'll hear it for yourself. We get results for clients who put their faith in us.

For a free, no-obligation consultation call 800-851-7724 or e-mail us to schedule an appointment at any of our local offices.

Read More - Click To Expand Text